CHEMOTHERAPY AND PERSONALIZED TREATMENT
O6-Methylguanine DNA-Methyltransferase (MGMT) is a highly efficient DNA repair enzyme that can repair the damage to the tumor cell DNA caused by alkylating drugs in chemotherapy. A certain level of MGMT activity in cells may lead to drug resistance.
MGMT's repair of alkylating agent damage makes it play a dual role in tumor chemotherapy: on the one hand, it protects normal tissues from alkylating agent damage and secondary cancer. On the other hand, it causes the resistance of tumor tissue to alkylating agent chemotherapeutics.
DNA methylation is closely related to the occurrence and development of glioma.The“Guidelines for Detection Technology of Tumor Individualized Therapy” states that patients with methylation of the MGMT gene will be benefit from Temozolomide treatment.
Hegi M E, et al. The New England Jjournal of Medicine, 2005, 352(10):997
|Product Name||Core Technology||Pack Size||Instruments Validated||Sample Type|
MGMT Gene Methylation
• MGMT methylation indicates patients will be sensitive to temozolomide chemotherapy, which is helpful for clinical selection of suitable treatments.
• MGMT methylation may suggests a better prognosis.
WHO grade III-IV glioma patients before chemotherapy treatment.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
1. Accuracy and Reliability: Use pre-load PCR tube to effectively avoid cross-contamination.
2. High Sensitivity: Sensitivity can detect as low as 1% gene methylation status.
3. Ease of Use: Based on technology PAP-ARMS®, one step detection in 90 mins.
4. Great versatility: Validated on the most common qPCR machines with stable results.
1.Nucleic Acid Extraction
3.Set up qPCR